It has been 76 days since I gave birth to my son..my life has never been happier receiving this bundle of joy. Within these 76 days, I cherish every single day spending time with him..cos in 2 days time I'll be starting work again!!..
Time flies..pejam celik pejam celik dah 3 bulan..I took my maternity leave a week earlier sebab dah tak larat sangat towards the end of pregnancy tu, that's why start balik keja pon lagi awal.
I'm still waiting for my maid to arrive from Indonesia, that would be in another one to two weeks time, so meanwhile we have to send him to a baby sitter. I prefer to send him to this akak rather than sending him off to a nursery cos this akak will only jaga him alone, no other budak-budak. It scares the hell out of me thinking how other people might handle him, will they handle him the way I do? So takut sebab selalu tgk kes-kes dera baby ni..
So within this 76 days I've been observing things. Things that I would miss during daytime when I go to work, like his normal sleeping pattern, learn his cues whenever he feels hungry or sleepy, how many times he poo-poo in a day and how much diapers would he need roughly in a day, how much he is drinking at a time whenever he takes from the bottle and etc. The only time when I get to spend a full whole day with him again would be on weekends when I don't have oncallor whenever I take leave...dannngggg!!!..I'm gonna miss all this.
- At 2 months and 13 days, Qays starting to learn to turn sideways..that if when he tried hard enough.
- His head control is superb. he can lift up his head and sustained it. He likes to be carried like budak besar instead of carrying him in supine position.
- He can coo and become so becok now. Me and my husband talk to him a lot..in a way it stimulates his brain, and now whenever we talk to him, dia akan sambung balik with an excited tone.
- He is still fully breastfed, alhamdulillah
- His feeding interval has increased...4 hours gap minimum and can go up to 5 hours, but alhamdulillah his weight increased, berat dia 5.6kg now.
- He can fit baju for a 3-6 months old fella..haha
- I still haven't decided on Rotavirus vaccine. The Paediatrician that we are seeing now really pushing me to do so because I'm a doctor, Paeds MO pulak tu. lol..Hmm..when it comes to my boy, I'm a patient's mother..not a doctor. So, I'm guessing we gonna change Paediatrician..haha. It's not because of the side effects that I'm scared of, or the price, or the components of the vaccine (bovine or porcine), but I don't think he needs it now..maybe later. Having said all that, I do recommend parents whose planning to send their children to a nursery to take it..Cos nurseries are usually packed with children of all ages, and so the chances of transmission of the virus from one child to anotheris high...and it commonly happens in children whom are sent to nursery. So, what are your thoughts regarding this vaccine?DO share with me..I would love to hear your opinion regarding this matter.. :)
- He sleeps through the night, with only 1 night feed, and he sleep in his cot..heaven!..I'm enjoying my good night sleep...occasionally we break the rules and co-sleep whenever his mommy or ayah rindu sangat to cuddle him.. :) Selalunya ayah dia la..hehe
- His daytime nap had reduced tremendously to 3 hours in a day..
- I love him more and more everyday!..hehe
Knowing that I'm gonna start work really soon, I hope to spend more quality time with him after I come back to work..I feel so frustrated that my breastfeeding leave wasn't approved..why la Malaysia tak macam dekat UK, maternity leave sampai setahun..I wish!!..dah la masuk-masuk keja terus Ada exam..meaning have to studyyyyyy!!!!..stress..stress...