It was our first time travelling with Lil' K. With the traffic and all, it took more than 3 hours drive to reach our destination..and I would say, it was pretty challenging for me to travel with an infant. The first time is always a learning step.
1) Bring a lot of baju. During the journey, he puked and stained his baju. Nak dijadikan cerita, lepas muntah he poo-pooed, and somehow his diaper got leaked!.If I plan to stay for 2 days, so I need to pack baju for 4 or 6 days!!!
2) I also need to bring extra clothes! My milk leaked, habis basah my baju, and kena muak baby la etc..ended up pinjam t-shirt my husband.
3) Keep plastic bags in the car, one to keep his soiled diapers, one to keep his dirty clothes. R&R was jam-packed that we had to change him in the car.
4) Bring my breast pump. I thought it was unnecessary. Unfortunately, my baby sleeps most of the time. Ended up my breasts' swelled, and I had to hand expressed and buang all the milk. Pembaziran!..dah la susu banyak( Alahmdulillah for that).
6) Bring a lot of muslin cloth. With 2 days stay, I brought 5 muslin cloth with me and I used all of them.
7) Bring more than one blanket. The small size Mothercare thermal blanket would do..(meaning have to buy another one..haha)
8) Keep most of the stuff (eg: extra cloth, muslin) with me instead in the car boot.
9) Bring minyak cap kapak!..Pening la duduk belakang lama2. Then I have to jaga him lagi..breastfed him..sometimes need to carry when he merengek..hmm
Kalau 2 days of travelling pon dah bwk beg besar macam ni..
I think next time around I'll tow my cupboard!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone