Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Slimming methods


Losing weight is a simple matter of burning more calories than what you eat. If it were really simple, none of us would have weight problem, right?




Weight loss can be a struggle for us nowadays, since long hours spent on working, we barely have time for ourselves. Plus, we're so comfortable living in what people call, a sedentary lifestyle., and most of the time we love to pamper ourselves rather than panting ourselves to burn calories...that includes ME!!

Let alone for those who juggles for work and a family. Me myself could not imagine when the time comes for my family to expand, and I have an extra heads to take care off...it scares the hell out of me!

TIME is a major factor that hinders us...and our will power too. Thus, most of us opted for something drastic to see results; diets, pills, slimming corset, fitness gadgets, personal trainer, private slimming program, etc.

Slimming methods can be divided into 2, non-surgical and surgical methods, which are strongly advertised in the media today, for example liposuction, that I'm sure you all have heard of before.

Non-surgical method such as diet, pills, exercise, and other proven activities are still what most people prefer. Choosing the best slimming method, however, is a personal issue. It is chosen based on ones preference, and how much they can commit to it.


DIET
Dieting means you have to eat moderately, but not to STOP eating. Eat less carbs, mainly comes from rice (oh..I couldn't live without eating rice in a day!), get more protein, preferably white meat (ahhh...I couldn't resist the succulent, juicy, medium well, rib eye!), and take plenty of fresh fruits (I'm so lazy when it comes to cutting the fruits) and vegetables. The more colourful your fruits and veges are, the richer the vitamin and minerals content.




Many people may not know how to succeed in dieting without starving themselves. Some would avoid eating and letting themselves into starvation, where in this state your body is trying to conserve more energy by reducing metabolism. The body also will break down glycogen (storage form of glucose) to get source of energy. Eventually when your glycogen stores gets exhausted, there will be rapid breakdown of your protein, mainly from the bulk of your muscle.

Yes, you will feel thinner, but your body will become weaker.

It is best to modify your normal diet, rather than changing radically to a new diet. I know it's difficult to maintain a diet that doesn't 'click' to your taste bud..especially our Asian taste buds :)

Drinking lots of water also essential as it can help to increase your metabolic rate.


PILLS


Slimming pills are the fastest weight loss solution. Too good to be true?

There are many brand out there which are selling like hot-cakes. Depending on the brand, it contains different active ingredients to help maximize the calories burn in your body.

For example;
(i) Fat binders - it works by preventing fat being absorbed into your body. It binds with the fat molecules that comes from food and becomes too large to be absorbed. Therefore, it will be eliminated from the body.

(ii) Appetite suppressants - it suppresses your cravings for foods.

(iii) Fat burners - it acts on the existing fat in our body

It sounds very promising, but frankly speaking, it gives fear to me on the foreign chemicals that usually does more damage than good. But, if the product is all natural and has been clinically tested and proven, I would give it a try!

EXERCISE
This is by far the best method amongst all! It's not just the matter of shedding the extra pound, but you will feel good too after bathing in sweats...by exercising also, it can boost your energy, confident level and is form of de-stressor.

Aerobics, weight training, running, swimming...you name it. Choose the activity that you like and enjoy it.

I personally love to exercise. However, nowadays I find it hard to initiate myself to put on my running shoes, get off my butt and jog. Same goes to pilates that I used to constantly do everyday, now me exercise mat was left unattended, collecting dust.



Soo lovelies, which method do you choose? Do share.

9 comments:

from a skylark said...

i prefer jogging and exercising,,,
well like u do,i found it is hard for me to get myself ready to go to the park especially after exhausted day at class.,..arggggggg!!

papaYA said...

Determination and discipline take a lot of self-motivation. Everynight, I plan to get up early and do some aerobic before going to work but you know what happens the next morning.. hehe..

I've tried pills, SD-II. Even how good the product is, one still has to control the eating habit. Because many of them gain weight after they stop taking all these products.

Exercise is not only for slimming purposes. My friend's cholesterol is so high even though she's underweight. Just because one has high metabolic rate therefore she doesn't have to watch what goes into her system or do exercise.. So, watch what you eat :)

Hanie Adzman said...

Hye Kak Tahirah, its Hanie.. Having my own blog now ;p

I'd go for taking all the fruits and vegies! Make me full in no time that I wouldnt go for rice later =)

Moose said...

i'm all about controlling the food intake and exercise. but i found myself starring at my running shoes instead on putting them on lately. haha. macam mana nak join marathon ni?

bride2wife said...

@from a skylark
hey babe..im worse than you..i didn't even try to make time to go jogging nowadays!

@papaya
i soo feel you! i pon selalu bercita2 tinggi bangun awal, and go for a brisk walk/jog..tak pernah berjaya! :)

Your friend must be suffering from familial hypercholesterolemia, no?

Btw, i heard a lot of stories that when you withdraw those slimming pills/diet supplements, you'll gain double than what you have lost..hmm..quite scary huh...

bride2wife said...

@hanie
hey you..i dah follow you..
yup..i prefer taking fruits too..esp those yg rich with fibers, kan?

@Moose
my husband bought me a Nike running shoes complete with Nike+ pedometer last year, i ended up staring at them, mcm u lah! haha...

lil sharky said...

I go for swimming at least once or twice a week. It doesn't burn that much calories because u don't sweat but it does give me a good exercise and strengthen my whole body muscles.

bride2wife said...

@lil sharky
hello lil sharky..i read that swimming can burn a lot of calories, but don't swim leisurely :) its also good for your joints.
I enjoy swimming too, its been ages since i last terjun masuk pool..hehe

Azman said...

Tahirah!

woit!! terjumpa blog ko dari blog ali/izrin. apa khabar? ko pun nak menyelimkan badan ke? haha. meh lawan dengan aku. tengok sape lagi terer.