Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Garden Reception (ii) of starry starry night

So I had my reception at Taman Rimba Kiara..hence I called it the garden reception...but to me it wasn't like a garden wedding that we used to imagine in the western countries..I like open air concept (relaxed & fun wedding), but lets face the reality..it's Malaysia..it can rain anytime...

A week before my reception, I got freaked out when my bestie called up and told me that the weather forecast said it was going to rain cats & dogs on the 3rd of July..it got me worried sick that I couldnt stop praying and asked my family members (also the inlaws) to pray hard.. ;)

Alhamdulillah, on the night itself, it wasn't raining at all, not even drizzling...(except in the evening before dusk)...it made some of the works to be delayed..like Kak Wanie had to take down all the lanterns that she already hung up and Ashylla was unable to arrange all the table centerpieces..

Working with 3 decoraters was indeed a good experience...it all happened unexpectedly..


KerjaKahwin Design & Collections team was made responsible to be the main decorator.
Things that they did included the dais, lantern deco, fairy lights for transparent canopy, fairy lights for palm trees and other trees, hanging umbrellas deco at the main entrance and the walkways....




I have never imagined my dais to be this simple and romantic. It was totally a surprise for me. The first time I saw it when I walked down the red carpet got me really excited and WOW...

KerjaKahwin and team did a magnificent job. During few meets ups with Kak Wanie, she did few pelamin sketches but nothing was like this. I only told her repeatedly, I wanted a dais full of flowers and look sweet...



I just love the flowers that she chose!really to my liking..but the turn off point was only that the stage was a bit too small..it was kinda difficult during photo taking..whereby, we had to moved few of the vase to make space so that people can wiggle their way in at the back of the chair..dah la everything looked very fragile..takut jugak ada vase yg pecah, jenuh nak ganti..




The flower walkways pulak was custom made for me. I mintak KerjaKahwin sediakan walkways yg nampak tinggi with round flower arrangement dan ia mestilah dalam warna lain selain putih :) ..and instead of bunga pom pom, I wanted a lot of roses..








Earlier in my previous entry, I did mention that I planned to have a lot of fairy lights to brighten up the place..sooooo, KerjaKahwin lighten up the place with 6000 bulbs of fairy lights!!..Of coz the main light came from the canopies and the spotlight, but having those fairy lights did help to bring out a romantic mood to that night...






The fairy light was not only decorated at the palms trees, but KerjaKahwin did some for the other trees and also for the transparent canopy too..




To hang up the fairy lights took a whole day effort..very leceh and susah. After seeing the team bertungkus lumus memanjat pokok, gantung wayar sini, gantung wayar sana, I totally understand why transparent canopy with fairy lights deco can be very expensive..

The lantern deco ideas came up after I saw some pictures from Shajaratul Design's blog. Initially, my plan was to hang the lanterns just for a deco..however, KerjaKahwin came up with a brilliant idea to provide all the colourful lantern with light bulbs...it added up an extra lighting to the place








The hanging umbrellas deco at the reception entrance was totally KerjaKahwin's idea..coz I dah tak de idea. Kering kontang dah otak time tu. KerjaKahwin decided on this pon last minute. Last meeting was 2 weeks before the event, Kak Wanie showed the umbrellas to me, nak dapatkan approval..Well, I have no objection to it (at all..). Baikla ada something dari tak de apa2 langsung..








Talking about my second decorator, I met her during bloggers gathering at The Zon, KL last April. Remember her booth? Ashylla decorated her booth with few dulang from her nikah, an album and also few flower arrangement on a glass..hah, those flowers lah yg really caught my eyes and terus I tanya dia whether dia amik tempahan or not...then dia senyum2 malu jer :) and ingat tak yang Ashylla ada sediakan paper notes for her guests to write any wishes etc for her..soo, I pon took one and wrote something like this

"do contact me if you're ready to provide those beautiful table centrepiece for my wedding :)"

Few weeks after, I receieved her email..telling that she is ready..Alhamdulillah..hehe.. Subsequently, we've been exchanging emails thru whitelacetale.weddings.

I was very confident with whitelacetale.weddings as everything that we discussed, came along with pictures..and everything that she showed are to my liking...soo..disebabkan itulah, from just asking her to do the table centerpieces, tiba2 I minta dia tolong buatkan guestbook table, tiba2 tambah candy buffet table, then hantaran pulak and tiba2 the maintable deco set up came into the discussion..haha...

For a newbie like her, I must say that her job was beyond superb!!!!
Tanpa Ashylla & whitelacetale.weddings team, majlis I takkan sempurna :)

Here are some of the pictures of her decos..


deco on guestbook table



candy buffet





table centerpiece with candles

biggest table centerpiece






maintable deco

Oh...do visit their blog for more pictures :)

pictures credit to : Qippy, Photogenic Artwork, KerjaKahwin


I never tell any of my decorator about my wedding theme..coz I don't have one!! I just told them that I love soft colours, maybe a bit of pink, and a bit of purple...WALLAH..they both nailed it!!

For those who are still searching for a decorator, do consider them to be part of your wedding team.. :)



p/s: the 3rd decorator I will reveal some other time..

It's first Ramadhan people, I would like to wish all Muslim bloggers and readers out thereSelamat Berpuasa :)

27 comments:

0sh!Nz d' sen0r!ta said...

sayangnye KerjaKahwin team tak sediakan perkhidmatan luar dari kL. *sobbing* pelamin ni la yang saya usha kat KerjaKahwin. sebab sangat mencairka hati. lain dari yang lain wohh..

~CiK NadiRa~ said...

walaweh...best nyaa..dream wedding mcm ni..berangan je laaa..

anyway..i linked u..linked me ya?

ellfazira© said...

amazingly perfect :)

Durruz said...

hyeee

i must say this...

cantik.cantik.cantik! evrythng was so perfect and beautiful..

Selamat berpuasa to u too.. =)

bride2wife said...

oshin: cuba pujuk kak wanie :)

cik nadira: sure..will link u

bride2wife said...

elfazira: thanks to the vendors :)

durruz: thanks! :)

TSS said...

I wanted Kak Wani to do me deco and dais for the engagement..somehow she's not available. Apparently her team tak buat job right after raya :(

Her work neat sangat kan?

Anonymous said...

hi..
erm mahal x transparent canopy tuh?
email me, hanniko_anami@yahoo.com

bride2wife said...

TSS: yeah..she told me she'll be on long leave until 20th sept...

no worries..whitelacetale.weddings kan ada ;p



anonymous: nnt i email u ok..

missbutterfly said...

love garden wedding and lucky u for having such a beautiful wedding.. :)

bride2wife said...

miss rama2: thank u! :)

whitelacetale.weddings said...

tahirah, tq so much for the review :D at first we thought being 2nd decorator and delivering the minor parts are easy..but we were sooo wrong..day to day, me & mas kept thinking what if our bunga/deco tak synchronize with kak wanie's..so scared we'll ruin the whole outlook.

nasib kak wanie's page was very helpful..at least can refer her prev works & get some idea how she'll turn out your pink wedding...that was why in the end we change your centerpiece to lilac hydrangeas instead of eustoma cos somehow we feel kak wanie will pour your pelamin with lots of hydrangeas hehhee...btw..me & mas love the whole thing kak wanie did for ur wedding..agreed with TSS, her work very neat & fairy lights dlm gamba cantik sgt!

thanks again tahirah, it was nice working with u! congrats again from us :D

p/s : eh ade 3rd decorator? tak tahu pun! hehe

whitelacetale.weddings said...

waittt! i think i know who's that 3rd! hahaha..why la i so 'lampi' hehehe :p

Anonymous said...

hye,
i'm sooooo amazed with your wedding..
it was perfect and honestly speaking it's my dream wedding! heee
can u please email me about the price for the deco, the dais and the transparent canopy..
here's my email bluffy_bunny@yahoo.com

p/s: happy fasting!=)

bride2wife said...

anonymous: check ur inbox! :)

bride2wife said...

ashylla: my pink wedding??pink eh...haha

well..im soooo glad i found u & whitelacetale.weddings!!!! u looked very stressed that day ok..but everything turned out nice, sangat berbaloi!!and nasib baik la ada kambing golek sedap..haha

p/s: thanks for arranging the balloons for me...my fault tak bgtau awal2.

♥ hazlynda kushairi ♥ said...

one word - perfecto.

Amazing babe. Truly amazing. the transparent canopies tu yg naekkan suasan malam ek (=

dindins said...

hello! your garden wedding magical..again u ada transparent canopy and a garden wedding and i also had my mini garden wedding (nikah reception)...seriously kita ni psychic ke? hehe when did u go for your honeymoon??

bride2wife said...

lynda: memang! nasib baik ada transparent canopy tu...

dindins: yup..yup..psychic gila..and memang great minds think alike!lol...
day 2 of being his wife i dah pg honeymoon...stayed at a villa in Kuta. u went HardRock right? my cousin cakap nice!..
whats next? jgn dpt baby on the same date dah...hehehe..

NahWaL said...

Your wedding is nothing less than perfect. I loved every detail and you have such great taste!!! congrats again dear

bride2wife said...

nahwal: thanks dear..soo, counting days for urs? tak sabar nak tgk baju unaisah!hehe

ashieBee said...

hello :))
i've just stumbled upon your blog today. and o my, your wedding sangat cantik!!! cantik sangat sangat, i sukeeeee :))
i agree, all the lighting effects...mmg sangat romantic! lucky u-im sure t'was a perfect wedding! that you'll remember for the rest of your life.

**hugs** ash

Anonymous said...

Kalau ada duit banyak, apa pun boleh jadi realiti kan?
Congrats, very nice wedding reception :)

bamz said...

hi can i know how much you spend on the canopy n all the decoration? And how much is the rental for Taman Rimba tu? Sorry a lot of querries..currently planning my wedding :)

bamz said...

sorry forgot to leave my email..do mail at fortitude87@hotmail.com

Daa.Aubrey here ! said...

dear.. brape eh rental utk canopy mcm ni... deco skali ? :))

Anonymous said...

Very nice wedding! i wonder what would be your Plan B if it actually rains? Planning to have garden wedding but most worried bout this.